When a friend makes a new OC it’s like. Omg you’ve made the most adorable creature??? Tell me everything about them. Can I ship them with this other OC? Can I ship them with MY OC? I think i accidentally wrote a fanfic??? Someone said they were boring????? Who is taLKING SHIT ABOUT MY BEAUTIFUL GODCHILD
My method is very winging it style with no exact science, but figured I would share on my Tumblr since I already typed it all out for a friend
- I get about 2 yards of fabric to make pleats 1 1/2 in. and my waist is 35 in or so and it’s too big for me, so figure out what you have. Making it bigger is easier imo in the long run
- I measure up from the fold the length I want for the skirt (minus the 2 in or so for the waist band) so I don’t have to hem anything to make the bottom pretty
- cut that bitch to that length you figured out
- Iron that bitch out flaaat.
- Sit there and make the damn pleats. Get something to measure. It’s best to go one pleat at a time to make sure they’re super even. I measure 1 1/2 in and then pin it, then measure another 1 1/2 and pin it. Fold the fabric so the pins line up. You should have 1 1/2 in of fabric on top of 1 1/2 in of fabric! Hey first pleat!
- Iron it like crazy
- Pin the bottom of the pleat and the bottom of the pleat to keep it in place
- Repeat 5-7 until you have all your pleats
- Baste stitch along the top to keep the pleats in place.
- I like to stitch the inside pleats to help keep the shape (pic 1. The top layer is what it looks like on the outside, bottom layer what it looks like on the inside with the stitches along the inside of the pleats)
- Another helpful thing to keep the shape of the pleats is to top stitch an inch or two down the pleat at the waist (pic 2 & 3) If you did both 10 & 11 the inside should look like the unnumbered picture in the inside of the skirt (minus waist band and all so far)
- Since I didn’t have any science to the size and stuff, I figured out the actual size of the skirt that it needs to be to fit me. It works best to hide your seam and zipper if you can find a meeting of two pleats that fits your waist
- I cut the inside of the pleat to make the seam so it hides and put the zipper in there and since I cut the inside of the pleat, hey the top pleat is still there and hides it! (pic 4 & 5)
- do yo waist band
- eeeeeeey knife pleat skirt!
***OH YEAH IRON ALL THE DAMN TIME. Like after every step just iron just iron everything and when you’re done starch it and iron it more just iron the hell out of it without burning it and all
Somebody’s getting scratched when they go to reach for their hat…
"I said my sword was a tool of justice… Not used in anger. Not used for vengeance. But now… now I’m not so sure. And besides… This isn’t my sword."
YOU’RE JUST LIKE MEEEE, TRYING TO MAKE HISTORYYYY
BUT WHO’S TO JUUUUUUDDGGGE
THE RIIIGHT FROM WROOOOOONG
WHEN OUR GUARD IS DOWN, I THINK WE’LL BOTH AGREEEEEE
THAT VIIIIIIIIIOOOLENCE BREEDS VIIIIIIIIOOOLENCE
IN THE END IT HAS TO BE THIS WAAAAAYYY
I CARVED MY OWN PATH
YOU FOLLOWED YOUR WRATH
SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME
whoever thinks ~~girls sleep so graceful like fluffy little angels on clouds~~ or ~~omg i wish i had big tits~~ lemme just stop you right there
i woke up with my own boob on my face and before i opened my eyes i thought it was my cat
and i don’t even have a cat
oh dear god don’t let this be the post i’m known for
(MGS1) Liquid Snake: I wanted to surpass my origins, and become greater than what my destiny had planned for me.
(MGS2) Solidus: I wanted to free our fellowman from the Patriot’s totalitarian rule, and apparently make the perfect murderer.
(MGS3) The Boss: I wanted to be…